Milk Delivery App Development – Get the Right Tech Stack
In an age of digitalisation where convenience is king and technology holds supreme authority, it is no surprise that conventional services are camouflaging themselves to thrive in the competitive market. The milk delivery business is no exception, having flawlessly adopted the digital landscape with milk delivery app development, making a paradigm shift.
This modern and innovative approach has changed the way daily milk is delivered and brought a new era of convenience and a personalised customer experience.
What is a milk delivery app?
Milk delivery app development is an online mobile or web application that allows customers to place milk orders, receive real-time updates, track orders, make payments, and access order and payment history. The orders placed by customers can be subscription orders or one-time orders. Customers can place subscription orders, and select the delivery schedule, the days on which they want milk and its quantity, and the number of deliveries.
Business model of the milk delivery business
For any milk delivery business, it is important to understand the required business model before choosing the right milk delivery app.
There are two main business models in the milk business
- Subscription-based milk delivery
- One-time milk delivery
How does the revenue system work in the milk delivery app?
Subscription-based- Depending on the prepaid or post-paid business model opted for by the business owner, invoices are generated weekly, biweekly, or monthly. The customer can pay the invoices online via cards, payment gateways, or cash. Delivery drivers collect the cash and hand it over to the business manager. They can also add money to their wallet and make payments.
One-time milk delivery- There are dairy products offered by businesses that are not required every day, like clarified butter or cheese. Customers can place one-time orders whose payments can be made both online and via cash. A delivery driver collects cash, and the amount is updated on the system, which is reflected on the business screen.
Milk delivery app development process
It might be confusing and nerve-wracking to get a milk delivery app developed. However, by creating proper planning and strategy, it is easy to get a clear idea of what you want and need in your application.
Things you need to do:
Research is the initial and most crucial step before deciding to create a customer application. Study the market, understand your competitors, set your business goals, and analyse your target audience. Consider the types of milk and products you are offering (many businesses also provide other dairy products like ghee (clarified butter), buttermilk, or cheese) while creating market strategies and plans.
Define the structure of app
It is important to understand what your tech stack developer is offering you. Analyse your business needs with his offerings. There are three main components of a milk delivery management solution- The admin panel (for the business), the driver application (for the delivery drivers), and the customer interface (web and iOS/ Android) (for the customers)
Look for these features in the software
The milk round software comprises three platforms admin panel, a driver application, and a customer interface, which work in sync with each other. This allows a seamless flow of information from one platform to another in real-time.
Features of the driver app
- Order details: Drivers get details of the orders that are to be delivered that day on the driver app.
- Create a new order: Drivers can create new orders for existing as well as new customers. This feature helps businesses with customer acquisition.
- GPS integration: Drivers get the delivery map, which tells them which route to take to complete the delivery more efficiently.
- Track empty milk bottle: The driver app allows drivers to manage the data of given and received empty bottles
- E-proof of delivery: Drivers obtain proof of delivery, which removes the chances of customer disputes.
- Drivers can enter the cash that is received from customers in case of cash on delivery orders.
Features of Admin Panel
- Manage orders: Vendors can place, modify, and cancel one-time and subscription orders for customers.
- Stock management: The software generates stock reports, which ensures that the business never goes out-of-stock or overstocked.
- Payment collection and reconciliation: The invoices are auto-generated and multiple payment options are offered to the customers.
- Delivery management: The orders are auto-scheduled and auto-assigned to the drivers.
- Data and analytics: Business reports are generated, which include sales reports, product reports, and customer reports.
Features of customer interface
- Manage one-time and subscription orders: Customers can create, modify, pause, and cancel their one-time and subscription orders digitally.
- Real-time order status updates: Order status updates are received on the customer app, keeping them updated about their order.
- Feedback and suggestions: Product, service, and other feedback and suggestions can be made to the vendor from the customer interface.
- In-app wallet: Customers can add money to their wallet and place orders. In-app wallets are very helpful if any online payment option is not working.
- Provide ETAs: Advanced algorithms are run by the routing software, which calculates the estimated time of arrival of the order.
- Direct communication: Customers can contact their delivery partners when they are out for delivery.
Technology used to develop an online milk delivery app
The technology used in developing the app is a crucial thing to consider before committing to one. Consider factors like the security of the data, cost of development, monthly recurring cost, scope of scalability, etc. Consider cloud-based SaaS models, as they are more user-friendly and less expensive than on-premises models. Evaluate the security systems of the solutions you are checking out. AWS (Amazon Web Services) is one of the most popular and secure web servers.
Costs of developing a milk delivery app
Developmental and recurring costs depend on your needs and requirements, which are calculated during a brief discussion. In order to avoid charging more for businesses that require a particular feature, pricing is kept customised.
What can ‘Milk Delivery Solutions’ do for your subscription or one-time milk delivery business?
Milk delivery solutions is an integrated platform that allows milk vendors to track and manage their milk delivery business, giving them complete visibility into their business operations. The software automates and streamlines the business, allowing it to become sustainable, profitable, and efficient.
If you are also looking forward to developing your dairy management software, book a call with our industry experts and see how we can help.